How to voice type on Google Docs?
- February 9, 2021 at 10:33 AM #4918Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster@santhosh
You can type and edit by speaking in Google Docs. Just speak normally and Google Docs will transcribe your speech. As of now, this voice feature is only available in Google Chrome web browsers.
1. Make sure your computer microphone is turned on and working.
2. Open a document in Google Docs using a Chrome browser.
3. Go to Tools > Voice typing. Alternatively, you can also use the shortcut
S(for Windows) or
4. A little microphone box similar to the one shown below will appear on your screen. You can also change the language if you need to. Click and drag the microphone window to move it out of the way.
5. To start recording, just click the microphone. Speak clearly, at a normal speed and volume.
6. You can add punctuations to your text by using voice commands like period, comma, exclamation point, question mark, new line, and new paragraph. You can also use voice commands to edit and format your document. Read here for a complete list of Google Docs voice commands.
7. If you make a mistake while voice typing, you can move your cursor to the mistake and correct it without having to turn off the microphone.
8. If Google voice recognition is unsure about a transcribed word, it will underline the word in a dotted grey line. To correct, right-click on the word and choose the right word.
9. Once you are done, click the microphone again to turn off the voice typing.
10. To learn more information about Google Docs voice typing feature, visit Google Docs help centre.
- How to send email as an alias in Gmail?
- How to stop Google from tracking your location?
- Command to check the Ubuntu version
- How to add a percentage in Excel?
- How to convert currencies in Google Sheets?
- How to voice type on Google Docs?
- What is Django framework?
- How to turn Google Assistant off?
- How to check the Python version?
- How to create a virtual environment in Python?
- How to change the directory in the Command Prompt?
- How to add a shortcode in WordPress PHP template file?
- Useful websites to research stocks
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?