How to add a percentage in Excel?
- January 17, 2022 at 9:44 AM #5139Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster@santhosh
In Microsoft Excel, you can use a formula to add a percentage to a number. For example, if you want to add 20% to a number, you can use a formula as follows:
In the above example, we have entered formula to calculate a return of 20% of the initial number from cell B2 and then added it to the initial number to obtain an end value in cell C2.
If you want to calculate just the percentage of a number without adding it to the initial number, you can simply change the formula as follows:
To copy the same formula down the column, click cell C2, move the mouse cursor over the small square green box at the lower-right corner of the selected cell, click and drag it down the column.
If you need to decrease the number by 20%, simply replace the
+sign in the formula in cell C2 to a minus
-sign. Then click and drag it down to copy the updated formula to cells down the column.
- How to send email as an alias in Gmail?
- How to stop Google from tracking your location?
- Command to check the Ubuntu version
- How to add a percentage in Excel?
- How to convert currencies in Google Sheets?
- How to voice type on Google Docs?
- What is Django framework?
- How to turn Google Assistant off?
- How to check the Python version?
- How to create a virtual environment in Python?
- How to change the directory in the Command Prompt?
- How to add a shortcode in WordPress PHP template file?
- Useful websites to research stocks
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?