- Log into your Gmail account, selecticon in upper right corner and click Settings, and go to the Labs tab.
- Scroll down until you find “Text Messaging (SMS) in Chat” and choose Enable.
- Also Enable the “SMS in Chat gadget” and Save changes.
To send SMS, type the number in the Chat and click Send SMS.
If your contact replies from his/her phone, you will get the message in your chat box as a reply chat. Gmail stores SMS conversations as regular chats in your Gmail chat history. Now use this free service and stay connected!
To check whether Google has enabled this service for your country, see this page.
You might also like:
– Timeline Of Facebook Profiles From 2004 to 2012
– Twheel Interactive Application Visualizes Tweets
– Know Unknown Calls With Current Caller ID App