Are you updating your camera firmware?
- October 9, 2019 at 1:18 PM #1967Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
How many of you are updating your camera firmware from time to time? I have never updated my camera firmware until now.
All modern digital cameras come with firmware and have built-in applications that need to be updated once in a while just like your smartphone’s operating system.
It’s this firmware that controls various functions of your camera like autofocus, reducing noise, exposure, image processing and lots more.
Instructions for updating camera firmware varies with each camera model and brand. Refer to your specific camera brand for instructions about updating the firmware.
Find the firmware version.
First, you need to check whether your camera has the latest firmware. Find the details about the firmware version by in your camera’s menu options.
Once you have found the version, check with the manufacturer’s website whether this is the latest version.
Download the latest version.
If a newer firmware version is available, then go ahead and download the installation files on your PC.
Read the instructions provided by the manufacturer to perform the update process the right way. You have to fully recharge your camera before commencing the update process.
Transfer files to the camera.
Your camera must have a memory card. Take a copy of your photos and videos from the memory card. Connect it to your PC and fully format the card once. Then, go ahead and transfer the downloaded files to the memory card.
Updating the firmware.
Remove the memory card from the PC and insert it back into your camera. Switch your camera back on and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to update the firmware.
Once the update is complete, restart your camera and check if it is working normally.
Check for new apps.
Look for new programs/apps that may be available for your camera. You might find new exciting features that could enhance the capability of your camera. Keep it updated.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- How to type faster on a computer keyboard?
- Video game soundtracks can help you focus on your work
- Commands to install all updates in Ubuntu Linux
- How to delete MySQL database and user via command line in Linux?
- Press Windows key + Shift + S to screenshot a specific area on Windows
- How to set up secure DNS for Windows?
- How to find your Windows product key using Command Prompt?
- Browse the web in dark mode with Dark Reader
- Are you updating your camera firmware?
- 10 ways to book low-cost flights and save money on airfare
- Speed up the slow loading downloads folder in Windows
- How to delete an autocomplete suggestion from Chrome address bar?
- How to set MAC address in Windows using the Device Manager?
- You can use both @googlemail.com and @gmail.com
- How to change your internet connection’s MTP limit using Command Prompt?