Are you updating your camera firmware?
- October 9, 2019 at 1:18 PM #1967Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster@santhosh
How many of you are updating your camera firmware from time to time? I have never updated my camera firmware until now.
All modern digital cameras come with firmware and have built-in applications that need to be updated once in a while just like your smartphone’s operating system.
It’s this firmware that controls various functions of your camera like autofocus, reducing noise, exposure, image processing and lots more.
Instructions for updating camera firmware varies with each camera model and brand. Refer to your specific camera brand for instructions about updating the firmware.
Find the firmware version.
First, you need to check whether your camera has the latest firmware. Find the details about the firmware version by in your camera’s menu options.
Once you have found the version, check with the manufacturer’s website whether this is the latest version.
Download the latest version.
If a newer firmware version is available, then go ahead and download the installation files on your PC.
Read the instructions provided by the manufacturer to perform the update process the right way. You have to fully recharge your camera before commencing the update process.
Transfer files to the camera.
Your camera must have a memory card. Take a copy of your photos and videos from the memory card. Connect it to your PC and fully format the card once. Then, go ahead and transfer the downloaded files to the memory card.
Updating the firmware.
Remove the memory card from the PC and insert it back into your camera. Switch your camera back on and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to update the firmware.
Once the update is complete, restart your camera and check if it is working normally.
Check for new apps.
Look for new programs/apps that may be available for your camera. You might find new exciting features that could enhance the capability of your camera. Keep it updated.
- How to send email as an alias in Gmail?
- How to stop Google from tracking your location?
- Command to check the Ubuntu version
- How to add a percentage in Excel?
- How to convert currencies in Google Sheets?
- How to voice type on Google Docs?
- What is Django framework?
- How to turn Google Assistant off?
- How to check the Python version?
- How to create a virtual environment in Python?
- How to change the directory in the Command Prompt?
- How to add a shortcode in WordPress PHP template file?
- Useful websites to research stocks
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?