Are you updating your camera firmware?
- October 9, 2019 at 1:18 PM #1967Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
How many of you are updating your camera firmware from time to time? I have never updated my camera firmware until now.
All modern digital cameras come with firmware and have built-in applications that need to be updated once in a while just like your smartphone’s operating system.
It’s this firmware that controls various functions of your camera like autofocus, reducing noise, exposure, image processing and lots more.
Instructions for updating camera firmware varies with each camera model and brand. Refer to your specific camera brand for instructions about updating the firmware.
Find the firmware version.
First, you need to check whether your camera has the latest firmware. Find the details about the firmware version by in your camera’s menu options.
Once you have found the version, check with the manufacturer’s website whether this is the latest version.
Download the latest version.
If a newer firmware version is available, then go ahead and download the installation files on your PC.
Read the instructions provided by the manufacturer to perform the update process the right way. You have to fully recharge your camera before commencing the update process.
Transfer files to the camera.
Your camera must have a memory card. Take a copy of your photos and videos from the memory card. Connect it to your PC and fully format the card once. Then, go ahead and transfer the downloaded files to the memory card.
Updating the firmware.
Remove the memory card from the PC and insert it back into your camera. Switch your camera back on and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to update the firmware.
Once the update is complete, restart your camera and check if it is working normally.
Check for new apps.
Look for new programs/apps that may be available for your camera. You might find new exciting features that could enhance the capability of your camera. Keep it updated.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- How to save a web page on the Internet Archive?
- How to view frame by frame on YouTube?
- How to undo send in Gmail?
- How to set up undo send in Outlook?
- No program associated with filetype FileZilla
- How to import modules and functions in Python?
- How to restore previous session in Firefox?
- How to play the dinosaur game on Google Chrome?
- How to turn on dark mode in Firefox?
- How to set up Google account to auto-delete itself?