How to find your router’s default gateway IP address?
- June 5, 2019 at 4:42 AM #1534Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster@santhosh
It’s necessary to know your router’s LAN IP address. When you first bought your router, you visited this IP address to configure your router. It should look something like http://192.168.1.1 depending on the type of router. You can find your internal IP address using the following steps:
Open Command Prompt and type the following command:
ipconfig | findstr /i "Gateway"
You should see something like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator>ipconfig | findstr /i "Gateway"
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Open a Terminal and type the following command:
ip route | grep default
Your output will be something like this:
joe$ ip route | grep default
default via 192.168.1.1 dev eth0 proto static
Mac OS X:
Open the Terminal.app and type the following command:
netstat -nr | grep default
You will see something like this:
joe$ netstat -nr | grep default
default 192.168.1.1 UGSc 50 46 en1
All the above examples show that the default gateway IP address is 192.168.1.1.June 5, 2019 at 4:51 AM #1536RaguModerator@raguraman-m
But this shows only the IPv6 address for me. How do I get the router’s IPv4 instead?June 5, 2019 at 4:55 AM #1540KenModerator@karthikeyankc
You could ignore the parameters and simply use
ipconfig. Or if you prefer a different approach, you can right click on your connection from your Network and Sharing Center and click on Details… to view the same details you’d see with
ipconfig. Something like this!
- How to voice type on Google Docs?
- What is Django framework?
- How to turn Google Assistant off?
- How to check the Python version?
- How to create a virtual environment in Python?
- How to change the directory in the Command Prompt?
- How to add a shortcode in WordPress PHP template file?
- Useful websites to research stocks
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?
- How to ZIP and UNZIP files in Linux?
- How to change the file owner and group in Linux?
- Protect your email address with Firefox Relay
- How to change the language in Microsoft Office?
- How to get Twitter dark mode on desktop and mobile?