How to find your router’s default gateway IP address?
- June 5, 2019 at 4:42 AM #1534Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
It’s necessary to know your router’s LAN IP address. When you first bought your router, you visited this IP address to configure your router. It should look something like http://192.168.1.1 depending on the type of router. You can find your internal IP address using the following steps:
Open Command Prompt and type the following command:
ipconfig | findstr /i "Gateway"
You should see something like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator>ipconfig | findstr /i "Gateway"
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Open a Terminal and type the following command:
ip route | grep default
Your output will be something like this:
joe$ ip route | grep default
default via 192.168.1.1 dev eth0 proto static
Mac OS X:
Open the Terminal.app and type the following command:
netstat -nr | grep default
You will see something like this:
joe$ netstat -nr | grep default
default 192.168.1.1 UGSc 50 46 en1
All the above examples show that the default gateway IP address is 192.168.1.1.June 5, 2019 at 4:51 AM #1536RaguMember
But this shows only the IPv6 address for me. How do I get the router’s IPv4 instead?June 5, 2019 at 4:55 AM #1540KenModerator
You could ignore the parameters and simply use
ipconfig. Or if you prefer a different approach, you can right click on your connection from your Network and Sharing Center and click on Details… to view the same details you’d see with
ipconfig. Something like this!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- How to type faster on a computer keyboard?
- Video game soundtracks can help you focus on your work
- Commands to install all updates in Ubuntu Linux
- How to delete MySQL database and user via command line in Linux?
- Press Windows key + Shift + S to screenshot a specific area on Windows
- How to set up secure DNS for Windows?
- How to find your Windows product key using Command Prompt?
- Browse the web in dark mode with Dark Reader
- Are you updating your camera firmware?
- 10 ways to book low-cost flights and save money on airfare
- Speed up the slow loading downloads folder in Windows
- How to delete an autocomplete suggestion from Chrome address bar?
- How to set MAC address in Windows using the Device Manager?
- You can use both @googlemail.com and @gmail.com
- How to change your internet connection’s MTP limit using Command Prompt?