How to find your router’s default gateway IP address?
- June 5, 2019 at 4:42 AM #1534Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
It’s necessary to know your router’s LAN IP address. When you first bought your router, you visited this IP address to configure your router. It should look something like http://192.168.1.1 depending on the type of router. You can find your internal IP address using the following steps:
Open Command Prompt and type the following command:
ipconfig | findstr /i "Gateway"
You should see something like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator>ipconfig | findstr /i "Gateway"
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Open a Terminal and type the following command:
ip route | grep default
Your output will be something like this:
joe$ ip route | grep default
default via 192.168.1.1 dev eth0 proto static
Mac OS X:
Open the Terminal.app and type the following command:
netstat -nr | grep default
You will see something like this:
joe$ netstat -nr | grep default
default 192.168.1.1 UGSc 50 46 en1
All the above examples show that the default gateway IP address is 192.168.1.1.June 5, 2019 at 4:51 AM #1536RaguModerator
But this shows only the IPv6 address for me. How do I get the router’s IPv4 instead?June 5, 2019 at 4:55 AM #1540KenModerator
You could ignore the parameters and simply use
ipconfig. Or if you prefer a different approach, you can right click on your connection from your Network and Sharing Center and click on Details… to view the same details you’d see with
ipconfig. Something like this!
- How to change Firefox network connection timeout settings?
- The keyboard shortcut to minimize all windows in Windows 10
- How to disable Windows Sticky Keys?
- How to reset YouTube recommendations?
- Coding a simple Python BMI calculator using functions
- How to find Wi-Fi password when connected in Windows?
- How to save a web page on the Internet Archive?
- How to view frame by frame on YouTube?
- How to undo send in Gmail?
- How to set up undo send in Outlook?
- No program associated with filetype FileZilla
- How to import modules and functions in Python?
- How to restore previous session in Firefox?
- How to play the dinosaur game on Google Chrome?
- How to turn on dark mode in Firefox?