Test your internet speed using the Command Prompt
- June 22, 2019 at 3:42 AM #1611Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
Via this method, you can test your internet speed using the Command Prompt.
Go to https://nodejs.org/ and download the current release for your operating system.
Install node.js on your system with default settings.
Now open the Command Prompt and type in the following command and hit
npm install -g speed-test
This command will download and install the speed-test package from npm.
Now to test your internet speed, type
speed-testin the Command Prompt and hit
For more details about your internet connection, type the following command and hit
speed-test –verboseJune 25, 2019 at 1:58 AM #1662Software TestedParticipant
How is this different from the regular ping command?June 25, 2019 at 6:13 PM #1663KenModerator
The extra verbose about the download and upload speed. Ping is rather a connectivity diagnostic utility than a speedcheck one.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- How to save a web page on the Internet Archive?
- How to view frame by frame on YouTube?
- How to undo send in Gmail?
- How to set up undo send in Outlook?
- No program associated with filetype FileZilla
- How to import modules and functions in Python?
- How to restore previous session in Firefox?
- How to play the dinosaur game on Google Chrome?
- How to turn on dark mode in Firefox?
- How to set up Google account to auto-delete itself?