Test your internet speed using the Command Prompt
- June 22, 2019 at 3:42 AM #1611Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
Via this method, you can test your internet speed using the Command Prompt.
Go to https://nodejs.org/ and download the current release for your operating system.
Install node.js on your system with default settings.
Now open the Command Prompt and type in the following command and hit
npm install -g speed-test
This command will download and install the speed-test package from npm.
Now to test your internet speed, type
speed-testin the Command Prompt and hit
For more details about your internet connection, type the following command and hit
speed-test –verboseJune 25, 2019 at 1:58 AM #1662Software TestedParticipant
How is this different from the regular ping command?June 25, 2019 at 6:13 PM #1663KenModerator
The extra verbose about the download and upload speed. Ping is rather a connectivity diagnostic utility than a speedcheck one.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- How to type faster on a computer keyboard?
- Video game soundtracks can help you focus on your work
- Commands to install all updates in Ubuntu Linux
- How to delete MySQL database and user via command line in Linux?
- Press Windows key + Shift + S to screenshot a specific area on Windows
- How to set up secure DNS for Windows?
- How to find your Windows product key using Command Prompt?
- Browse the web in dark mode with Dark Reader
- Are you updating your camera firmware?
- 10 ways to book low-cost flights and save money on airfare
- Speed up the slow loading downloads folder in Windows
- How to delete an autocomplete suggestion from Chrome address bar?
- How to set MAC address in Windows using the Device Manager?
- You can use both @googlemail.com and @gmail.com
- How to change your internet connection’s MTP limit using Command Prompt?