Test your internet speed using the Command Prompt
Tagged: command-prompt, wi-fi, windows
- June 22, 2019 at 3:42 AM #1611Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster@santhosh
Via this method, you can test your internet speed using the Command Prompt.
Go to https://nodejs.org/ and download the current release for your operating system.
Install node.js on your system with default settings.
Now open the Command Prompt and type in the following command and hit
npm install -g speed-test
This command will download and install the speed-test package from npm.
Now to test your internet speed, type
speed-testin the Command Prompt and hit
For more details about your internet connection, type the following command and hit
speed-test –verboseJune 25, 2019 at 1:58 AM #1662Software TestedParticipant@softwaretested
How is this different from the regular ping command?June 25, 2019 at 6:13 PM #1663KenModerator@karthikeyankc
The extra verbose about the download and upload speed. Ping is rather a connectivity diagnostic utility than a speedcheck one.
- How to send email as an alias in Gmail?
- How to stop Google from tracking your location?
- Command to check the Ubuntu version
- How to add a percentage in Excel?
- How to convert currencies in Google Sheets?
- How to voice type on Google Docs?
- What is Django framework?
- How to turn Google Assistant off?
- How to check the Python version?
- How to create a virtual environment in Python?
- How to change the directory in the Command Prompt?
- How to add a shortcode in WordPress PHP template file?
- Useful websites to research stocks
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?