Test your internet speed using the Command Prompt
- June 22, 2019 at 3:42 AM #1611Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster@santhosh
Via this method, you can test your internet speed using the Command Prompt.
Go to https://nodejs.org/ and download the current release for your operating system.
Install node.js on your system with default settings.
Now open the Command Prompt and type in the following command and hit
npm install -g speed-test
This command will download and install the speed-test package from npm.
Now to test your internet speed, type
speed-testin the Command Prompt and hit
For more details about your internet connection, type the following command and hit
speed-test –verboseJune 25, 2019 at 1:58 AM #1662Software TestedParticipant@softwaretested
How is this different from the regular ping command?June 25, 2019 at 6:13 PM #1663KenModerator@karthikeyankc
The extra verbose about the download and upload speed. Ping is rather a connectivity diagnostic utility than a speedcheck one.
- How to add a shortcode in WordPress PHP template file?
- Useful websites to research stocks
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?
- How to ZIP and UNZIP files in Linux?
- How to change the file owner and group in Linux?
- Protect your email address with Firefox Relay
- How to change the language in Microsoft Office?
- How to get Twitter dark mode on desktop and mobile?
- How to find a file in the Linux terminal?
- How to delete a directory in the Linux terminal?
- How to delete a file in the Linux terminal?
- Announcing Arclind Mindspace – Crash course platform for self-learners
- How to disk cleanup in Windows 10?
- How to disable startup programs in Windows 10?