Speed up the slow loading downloads folder in Windows
- October 3, 2019 at 1:00 PM #1951Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
Does your Downloads folder take forever to load? The following steps might help speed up your Downloads folder a little bit. These steps are tested to work on Windows x64 and x86 operating systems.
Right-clickthe Downloads folder and click Properties.
You will see a dialog box that pops out like this.
Go to the Customize tab in the opened dialog box. You will see a drop-down box with a label Optimize the folder for:
Change that setting to General items in the drop-down box as shown below.
Click OK. Now, your Downloads folder will load a bit quicker than it was before.
Note: This is only a temporary fix. Windows will re-categorize the Downloads folder to Pictures again after some time. So, check the above settings if your Downloads folder starts to load slowly after a while.
A more suitable fix is to move all your downloaded files to separate folders and optimize the folders appropriately for documents, pictures, music, and videos. Never leave any downloaded files in the Downloads folder. Always move them to an appropriate location right away.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Guidelines for posting
- How to type faster on a computer keyboard?
- Video game soundtracks can help you focus on your work
- Commands to install all updates in Ubuntu Linux
- How to delete MySQL database and user via command line in Linux?
- Press Windows key + Shift + S to screenshot a specific area on Windows
- How to set up secure DNS for Windows?
- How to find your Windows product key using Command Prompt?
- Browse the web in dark mode with Dark Reader
- Are you updating your camera firmware?