Speed up the slow loading downloads folder in Windows
- October 3, 2019 at 1:00 PM #1951Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
Does your Downloads folder take forever to load? The following steps might help speed up your Downloads folder a little bit. These steps are tested to work on Windows x64 and x86 operating systems.
Right-clickthe Downloads folder and click Properties.
You will see a dialog box that pops out like this.
Go to the Customize tab in the opened dialog box. You will see a drop-down box with a label Optimize the folder for:
Change that setting to General items in the drop-down box as shown below.
Click OK. Now, your Downloads folder will load a bit quicker than it was before.
Note: This is only a temporary fix. Windows will re-categorize the Downloads folder to Pictures again after some time. So, check the above settings if your Downloads folder starts to load slowly after a while.
A more suitable fix is to move all your downloaded files to separate folders and optimize the folders appropriately for documents, pictures, music, and videos. Never leave any downloaded files in the Downloads folder. Always move them to an appropriate location right away.
- How to change Firefox network connection timeout settings?
- The keyboard shortcut to minimize all windows in Windows 10
- How to disable Windows Sticky Keys?
- How to reset YouTube recommendations?
- Coding a simple Python BMI calculator using functions
- How to find Wi-Fi password when connected in Windows?
- How to save a web page on the Internet Archive?
- How to view frame by frame on YouTube?
- How to undo send in Gmail?
- How to set up undo send in Outlook?
- No program associated with filetype FileZilla
- How to import modules and functions in Python?
- How to restore previous session in Firefox?
- How to play the dinosaur game on Google Chrome?
- How to turn on dark mode in Firefox?