Speed up the slow loading downloads folder in Windows
- October 3, 2019 at 1:00 PM #1951Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster@santhosh
Does your Downloads folder take forever to load? The following steps might help speed up your Downloads folder a little bit. These steps are tested to work on Windows x64 and x86 operating systems.
Right-clickthe Downloads folder and click Properties.
You will see a dialog box that pops out like this.
Go to the Customize tab in the opened dialog box. You will see a drop-down box with a label Optimize the folder for:
Change that setting to General items in the drop-down box as shown below.
Click OK. Now, your Downloads folder will load a bit quicker than it was before.
Note: This is only a temporary fix. Windows will re-categorize the Downloads folder to Pictures again after some time. So, check the above settings if your Downloads folder starts to load slowly after a while.
A more suitable fix is to move all your downloaded files to separate folders and optimize the folders appropriately for documents, pictures, music, and videos. Never leave any downloaded files in the Downloads folder. Always move them to an appropriate location right away.
- How to add a shortcode in WordPress PHP template file?
- Useful websites to research stocks
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?
- How to ZIP and UNZIP files in Linux?
- How to change the file owner and group in Linux?
- Protect your email address with Firefox Relay
- How to change the language in Microsoft Office?
- How to get Twitter dark mode on desktop and mobile?
- How to find a file in the Linux terminal?
- How to delete a directory in the Linux terminal?
- How to delete a file in the Linux terminal?
- Announcing Arclind Mindspace – Crash course platform for self-learners
- How to disk cleanup in Windows 10?
- How to disable startup programs in Windows 10?