How to save a web page on the Internet Archive?
- May 25, 2020 at 6:47 PM #3313Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster@santhosh
This comes in handy when you want to save a copy of a web page that you like. Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine allows you to archive web pages online and they can be easily cited, shared, linked to. These saved web pages will continue to exist on the Internet Archive even after the original web page changes or gets deleted from the web.
One easy way to save a web page on the Internet Archive is to prefix the web page URL with the Internet Archive’s URL:
For example, if you want to save this current web page, prefix the URL in the browser address bar as shown below.
Alternatively, you can also go to the Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine and directly submit the URL into the form and click
SAVE PAGE. Once saved, you will be provided with a unique URL to access the web page for future reference.
You can also use the Wayback Machine’s browser extension and app to save web pages.
Browser extensions: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Mobile apps: Android, iOS.
Please note that the Wayback Machine only saves a single web page at a time, not the entire website.
- How to send email as an alias in Gmail?
- How to stop Google from tracking your location?
- Command to check the Ubuntu version
- How to add a percentage in Excel?
- How to convert currencies in Google Sheets?
- How to voice type on Google Docs?
- What is Django framework?
- How to turn Google Assistant off?
- How to check the Python version?
- How to create a virtual environment in Python?
- How to change the directory in the Command Prompt?
- How to add a shortcode in WordPress PHP template file?
- Useful websites to research stocks
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?