Rename an Office file to .zip and unzip it to get all the contents of the file
- September 1, 2019 at 11:11 am #1897
Santhosh Kumar DMember
What if you want to save all images from a Word file or a PowerPoint file or an Excel file? Saving images one by one is time-consuming.
Just rename your Microsoft office files to .zip, and then unzip it. You will get a folder containing all the images and XML content from that file.
For example, if you have an Office file called
example.xlsx, just rename the file to
example.zipand then unzip it.
In case your document is in the old
.docformat, then save it as a
.docxformat from the
File > Save Asin the Word and then rename it to .zip and save. Now, you can unzip it.
This works for Microsoft Word files (.docx), PowerPoint files (.pptx), and also for Excel files (.xlsx).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Use Ctrl + Shift + T to undo a closed tab in your browser
- Instantly create Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites or Forms from browser address bar
- How to access Google Maps offline on your phone
- Twitter collects your data – Here’s how you can control it
- How to watch YouTube videos while using other apps on Windows
- Save PowerPoint file in .pps format to open it directly in slideshow mode
- Rename an Office file to .zip and unzip it to get all the contents of the file
- View the history of commands in Linux terminal
- How to control the mouse cursor using the keyboard in Windows
- Essential tips to backup, save and protect your data
- Ragu on Turn your PowerPoint slide into a blackboard or a whiteboard2 weeks, 5 days ago
- Ken on Use f.lux to prevent eye strain from your PC screen by filtering out blue light2 months, 1 week ago
- Ken on Free up internal storage space on your Android device2 months, 3 weeks ago