How to remove password encryption from a Microsoft Office document?
- August 24, 2020 at 5:50 AM #3628Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
In the previous post, we learned how to encrypt a Microsoft Office document with a password. Now, let’s learn how to remove that encryption.
How to remove password encryption a Microsoft Office document?
Open the Microsoft Office document that you wish to remove encryption.
Go to the File menu at the top, select Info, click Protect Document and then select Encrypt with password.
For Microsoft Word:
File > Info > Protect Document > Encrypt with Password
For Microsoft Excel:
File > Info > Protect Workbook > Encrypt with Password
For Microsoft Powerpoint:
File > Info > Protect Presentation > Encrypt with Password
It will show the password characters that you have encrypted your document with. Press
Backspaceand delete all of those characters in the password field, leaving it blank. Click OK. You have now removed the password encryption from your Microsoft Office document.
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?
- How to ZIP and UNZIP files in Linux?
- How to change the file owner and group in Linux?
- Protect your email address with Firefox Relay
- How to change the language in Microsoft Office?
- How to get Twitter dark mode on desktop and mobile?
- How to find a file in the Linux terminal?
- How to delete a directory in the Linux terminal?
- How to delete a file in the Linux terminal?