How to hide desktop.ini files in Windows 10?
- January 28, 2020 at 2:10 PM #2492Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster@santhosh
Sometimes you might notice an icon named desktop.ini on your Windows desktop. When you delete that file, it will again appear on your desktop after a while.
What is desktop.ini file?
Windows store information about the System, Hidden and Read-only attributes in the desktop.ini file. Normally, it should not be appearing on the desktop as it is hidden by default.
How to hide these desktop.ini files in Windows 10?
Go to Start Menu and type File Explorer Options and open it.
In the File Explorer Options window, go to the View tab.
Under Advanced settings, scroll down until you see Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
Place the checkmark on it, click Apply and then click OK to close the window.
Now, the desktop.ini file should be hidden from the Desktop.
- How to send email as an alias in Gmail?
- How to stop Google from tracking your location?
- Command to check the Ubuntu version
- How to add a percentage in Excel?
- How to convert currencies in Google Sheets?
- How to voice type on Google Docs?
- What is Django framework?
- How to turn Google Assistant off?
- How to check the Python version?
- How to create a virtual environment in Python?
- How to change the directory in the Command Prompt?
- How to add a shortcode in WordPress PHP template file?
- Useful websites to research stocks
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?