How to hide desktop.ini files in Windows 10?
- January 28, 2020 at 2:10 PM #2492Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
Sometimes you might notice an icon named desktop.ini on your Windows desktop. When you delete that file, it will again appear on your desktop after a while.
What is desktop.ini file?
Windows store information about the System, Hidden and Read-only attributes in the desktop.ini file. Normally, it should not be appearing on the desktop as it is hidden by default.
How to hide these desktop.ini files in Windows 10?
Go to Start Menu and type File Explorer Options and open it.
In the File Explorer Options window, go to the View tab.
Under Advanced settings, scroll down until you see Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
Place the checkmark on it, click Apply and then click OK to close the window.
Now, the desktop.ini file should be hidden from the Desktop.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- How to play the dinosaur game on Google Chrome?
- How to turn on dark mode in Firefox?
- How to set up Google account to auto-delete itself?
- How to self-destruct Google data?
- How to access reader mode in Firefox?
- You can download a copy of Google data about yourself by going to Google Takeout
- Ctrl + Shift + Esc is the shortcut to open Task Manager
- How to filter Google search results by date?
- Press Windows key + V to view clipboard history on Windows
- How to hide desktop.ini files in Windows 10?