How to hide desktop.ini files in Windows 10?
- January 28, 2020 at 2:10 PM #2492Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
Sometimes you might notice an icon named desktop.ini on your Windows desktop. When you delete that file, it will again appear on your desktop after a while.
What is desktop.ini file?
Windows store information about the System, Hidden and Read-only attributes in the desktop.ini file. Normally, it should not be appearing on the desktop as it is hidden by default.
How to hide these desktop.ini files in Windows 10?
Go to Start Menu and type File Explorer Options and open it.
In the File Explorer Options window, go to the View tab.
Under Advanced settings, scroll down until you see Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
Place the checkmark on it, click Apply and then click OK to close the window.
Now, the desktop.ini file should be hidden from the Desktop.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- How to save a web page on the Internet Archive?
- How to view frame by frame on YouTube?
- How to undo send in Gmail?
- How to set up undo send in Outlook?
- No program associated with filetype FileZilla
- How to import modules and functions in Python?
- How to restore previous session in Firefox?
- How to play the dinosaur game on Google Chrome?
- How to turn on dark mode in Firefox?
- How to set up Google account to auto-delete itself?