How to hide desktop.ini files in Windows 10?
- January 28, 2020 at 2:10 PM #2492Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
Sometimes you might notice an icon named desktop.ini on your Windows desktop. When you delete that file, it will again appear on your desktop after a while.
What is desktop.ini file?
Windows store information about the System, Hidden and Read-only attributes in the desktop.ini file. Normally, it should not be appearing on the desktop as it is hidden by default.
How to hide these desktop.ini files in Windows 10?
Go to Start Menu and type File Explorer Options and open it.
In the File Explorer Options window, go to the View tab.
Under Advanced settings, scroll down until you see Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
Place the checkmark on it, click Apply and then click OK to close the window.
Now, the desktop.ini file should be hidden from the Desktop.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- How to hide desktop.ini files in Windows 10?
- Guidelines for posting
- Guidelines for posting questions and answers
- How to type faster on a computer keyboard?
- Video game soundtracks can help you focus on your work
- Commands to install all updates in Ubuntu Linux
- How to delete MySQL database and user via command line in Linux?
- Press Windows key + Shift + S to screenshot a specific area on Windows
- How to set up secure DNS for Windows?
- How to find your Windows product key using Command Prompt?
- Browse the web in dark mode with Dark Reader
- Are you updating your camera firmware?
- 10 ways to book low-cost flights and save money on airfare
- Speed up the slow loading downloads folder in Windows
- How to delete an autocomplete suggestion from Chrome address bar?