How to find Wi-Fi password when connected in Windows?
- May 28, 2020 at 11:36 AM #2062Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
You can use any of the following methods to find the Wi-Fi password when connected in your Windows computer.
Find Wi-Fi password when connected using Wireless Network Properties.
Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet.
Click View network status and tasks.
Click on the current connected Wi-Fi- network name displayed next to Connections.
A Wi-Fi Status window will open. Click Wireless Properties.
Go to Security tab. Check the Show characters checkbox. Your current Wi-Fi Network security key will be displayed.
Find Wi-Fi password when connected using Command Prompt.
Type “cmd” in Windows search box.
Right-clickCommand Prompt and select Run as administrator. Alternatively, you can also press
Rand type “cmd” into the box and then press
Enterto run the Command Prompt as administrator.
In the Command Prompt, enter the following command.
netsh wlan show profiles
It will display a list of all Wi-Fi profiles that you have ever connected to.
Note the name of the Wi-Fi profile for which you have to find the password. Enter the name in the following command. Replace the
namewith the name of your Wi-Fi profile.
netsh wlan show profile name key=clear
In the result, you will see your password in the Key Content field under Security settings.
Please note that these methods can only find the password of Wi-Fi networks that have been previously connected to your Windows device.
- How to change Firefox network connection timeout settings?
- The keyboard shortcut to minimize all windows in Windows 10
- How to disable Windows Sticky Keys?
- How to reset YouTube recommendations?
- Coding a simple Python BMI calculator using functions
- How to find Wi-Fi password when connected in Windows?
- How to save a web page on the Internet Archive?
- How to view frame by frame on YouTube?
- How to undo send in Gmail?
- How to set up undo send in Outlook?
- No program associated with filetype FileZilla
- How to import modules and functions in Python?
- How to restore previous session in Firefox?
- How to play the dinosaur game on Google Chrome?
- How to turn on dark mode in Firefox?