How to find Wi-Fi password when connected in Windows?
- May 28, 2020 at 11:36 AM #2062Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
You can use any of the following methods to find the Wi-Fi password when connected in your Windows computer.
Find Wi-Fi password when connected using Wireless Network Properties.
Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet.
Click View network status and tasks.
Click on the current connected Wi-Fi- network name displayed next to Connections.
A Wi-Fi Status window will open. Click Wireless Properties.
Go to Security tab. Check the Show characters checkbox. Your current Wi-Fi Network security key will be displayed.
Find Wi-Fi password when connected using Command Prompt.
Type “cmd” in Windows search box.
Right-clickCommand Prompt and select Run as administrator. Alternatively, you can also press
Rand type “cmd” into the box and then press
Enterto run the Command Prompt as administrator.
In the Command Prompt, enter the following command.
netsh wlan show profiles
It will display a list of all Wi-Fi profiles that you have ever connected to.
Note the name of the Wi-Fi profile for which you have to find the password. Enter the name in the following command. Replace the
namewith the name of your Wi-Fi profile.
netsh wlan show profile name key=clear
In the result, you will see your password in the Key Content field under Security settings.
Please note that these methods can only find the password of Wi-Fi networks that have been previously connected to your Windows device.
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?
- How to ZIP and UNZIP files in Linux?
- How to change the file owner and group in Linux?
- Protect your email address with Firefox Relay
- How to change the language in Microsoft Office?
- How to get Twitter dark mode on desktop and mobile?
- How to find a file in the Linux terminal?
- How to delete a directory in the Linux terminal?
- How to delete a file in the Linux terminal?
- Announcing Arclind Mindspace – Crash course platform for self-learners
- How to disk cleanup in Windows 10?
- How to disable startup programs in Windows 10?
- How to run system maintenance on Windows 10?
- How to remove password encryption from a Microsoft Office document?