How to find Wi-Fi password when connected in Windows?
- May 28, 2020 at 11:36 AM #2062Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster@santhosh
You can use any of the following methods to find the Wi-Fi password when connected in your Windows computer.
Find Wi-Fi password when connected using Wireless Network Properties.
Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet.
Click View network status and tasks.
Click on the current connected Wi-Fi- network name displayed next to Connections.
A Wi-Fi Status window will open. Click Wireless Properties.
Go to Security tab. Check the Show characters checkbox. Your current Wi-Fi Network security key will be displayed.
Find Wi-Fi password when connected using Command Prompt.
Type “cmd” in Windows search box.
Right-clickCommand Prompt and select Run as administrator. Alternatively, you can also press
Rand type “cmd” into the box and then press
Enterto run the Command Prompt as administrator.
In the Command Prompt, enter the following command.
netsh wlan show profiles
It will display a list of all Wi-Fi profiles that you have ever connected to.
Note the name of the Wi-Fi profile for which you have to find the password. Enter the name in the following command. Replace the
namewith the name of your Wi-Fi profile.
netsh wlan show profile name key=clear
In the result, you will see your password in the Key Content field under Security settings.
Please note that these methods can only find the password of Wi-Fi networks that have been previously connected to your Windows device.
- How to send email as an alias in Gmail?
- How to stop Google from tracking your location?
- Command to check the Ubuntu version
- How to add a percentage in Excel?
- How to convert currencies in Google Sheets?
- How to voice type on Google Docs?
- What is Django framework?
- How to turn Google Assistant off?
- How to check the Python version?
- How to create a virtual environment in Python?
- How to change the directory in the Command Prompt?
- How to add a shortcode in WordPress PHP template file?
- Useful websites to research stocks
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?