How to find your Windows product key using Command Prompt?
- October 15, 2019 at 1:07 PM #1990Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
You can download the latest version of the Windows operating system directly from Microsoft’s website for free.
But to activate it, you will need a product key which is a 25-character alphanumeric code that looks something like this:
So, find your Windows product key and save it somewhere. You will need it when you change devices or make a fresh installation.
Click the Start menu and type in
cmdto search for Command Prompt.
right-clickon Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
In the Command Prompt, copy-paste the following command exactly as it is:
wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
Enterand your product key will be displayed.
If no product key is displayed then it means your Windows installation is not activated yet.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Guidelines for posting
- How to type faster on a computer keyboard?
- Video game soundtracks can help you focus on your work
- Commands to install all updates in Ubuntu Linux
- How to delete MySQL database and user via command line in Linux?
- Press Windows key + Shift + S to screenshot a specific area on Windows
- How to set up secure DNS for Windows?
- How to find your Windows product key using Command Prompt?
- Browse the web in dark mode with Dark Reader
- Are you updating your camera firmware?