How to find your Windows product key using Command Prompt?
- October 15, 2019 at 1:07 PM #1990Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster@santhosh
You can download the latest version of the Windows operating system directly from Microsoft’s website for free.
But to activate it, you will need a product key which is a 25-character alphanumeric code that looks something like this:
So, find your Windows product key and save it somewhere. You will need it when you change devices or make a fresh installation.
Click the Start menu and type in
cmdto search for Command Prompt.
right-clickon Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
In the Command Prompt, copy-paste the following command exactly as it is:
wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
Enterand your product key will be displayed.
If no product key is displayed then it means your Windows installation is not activated yet.
- How to add a shortcode in WordPress PHP template file?
- Useful websites to research stocks
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?
- How to ZIP and UNZIP files in Linux?
- How to change the file owner and group in Linux?
- Protect your email address with Firefox Relay
- How to change the language in Microsoft Office?
- How to get Twitter dark mode on desktop and mobile?
- How to find a file in the Linux terminal?
- How to delete a directory in the Linux terminal?
- How to delete a file in the Linux terminal?
- Announcing Arclind Mindspace – Crash course platform for self-learners
- How to disk cleanup in Windows 10?
- How to disable startup programs in Windows 10?