How to control the mouse cursor using the keyboard in Windows?
- August 26, 2019 at 5:28 PM #1848Santhosh Kumar DKeymaster
I found this useful when my mouse device stopped working.
On Windows, press
NUM LOCKand it will ask whether you want to turn on the Mouse Keys feature.
Click Yes and, now you will be able to control your mouse pointer using the numeric keypad.
Moving your mouse cursor using the keyboard
Directions Press Up and to the left 7 Up 8 Up and to the right 9 Left 4 Right 6 Down and to the left 1 Down 2 Down and to the right 3
Clicking items using the keyboard
In order to right-click or left-click an item using the keyboard, you have to select the respective keyboard buttons for your left and right mouse clicks.
On the taskbar, you will see a Mouse Keys icon highlighting the mouse button that is currently active.
To select mouse buttons, use the following keys:
To select Press Left mouse button Forward slash (/) Right mouse button Minus sign (-) Both buttons Asterisk (✲)
Once you have selected a mouse button, you can click items on your screen by pressing 5 as follows.
To Press Left-click an item With the left mouse button selected (/) and highlighted on the Mouse Keys icon, press 5 Right-click an item With the right mouse button selected (-) and highlighted on the Mouse Keys icon, press 5 Double-click an item With both buttons selected (*) and highlighted on the Mouse Keys icon, press 5
Remember, a selected mouse button will remain active until you choose another button. So, once you have selected a mouse button, you don’t have to select a mouse button every time you click unless you want to change buttons.
Dragging and dropping items using the keyboard
To drag and drop items, use the following keys.
To Press Drag an item Move the cursor over the item, press zero (0) Drop an item Move the cursor to the location where you want to drop the item, press the decimal point (.)
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?
- How to ZIP and UNZIP files in Linux?
- How to change the file owner and group in Linux?
- Protect your email address with Firefox Relay
- How to change the language in Microsoft Office?
- How to get Twitter dark mode on desktop and mobile?
- How to find a file in the Linux terminal?
- How to delete a directory in the Linux terminal?
- How to delete a file in the Linux terminal?
- Announcing Arclind Mindspace – Crash course platform for self-learners
- How to disk cleanup in Windows 10?
- How to disable startup programs in Windows 10?
- How to run system maintenance on Windows 10?
- How to remove password encryption from a Microsoft Office document?