Erase your online footprint from the internet
- June 1, 2019 at 12:17 PM #1481KenModerator@karthikeyankc
It has become nearly impossible to completely erase your online footprint. If you are concerned about your personal details listed on the internet, it is never too late to try and erase them.
Delete all your social media accounts.
This includes all your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and other social media profiles. If you don’t remember your profile from other websites, a Google search on your full name should provide all your profiles from the websites you have registered.
If you are unable to delete an account, fake it.
Some accounts are undeletable. It is not fair that some websites won’t let you delete your account. In this case, falsify your information. Change your photo, name, contact details and other private information.
Delete all your search engine results.
Search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo have URL removal options. Use the Google URL removal tool to remove your URLs from Google search results.
Unsubscribe from all mailing lists.
You have to click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of each of these emails. If you still continue to receive some emails even after unsubscribing, you have to contact the respective webmasters.
Delete your email account if you have to.
This is the final step in deleting your online presence. Before you do this, make sure all other accounts associated with your email address has been deleted. Transfer all your important data to your computer or external hard drive.
It’s a tedious task to completely erase some details from the internet. Deleting your online presence by contacting each and every internet company takes a lot of time. There are scraper sites that scrape data from social media sites. In that case, you should send an email manually to all those webmasters by searching yourself on the web. Kind of a hard thing to do if the social credibility of the person is too big.
To make this process easier, you can also use some paid services to help you with deleting your online presence.
- How to send email as an alias in Gmail?
- How to stop Google from tracking your location?
- Command to check the Ubuntu version
- How to add a percentage in Excel?
- How to convert currencies in Google Sheets?
- How to voice type on Google Docs?
- What is Django framework?
- How to turn Google Assistant off?
- How to check the Python version?
- How to create a virtual environment in Python?
- How to change the directory in the Command Prompt?
- How to add a shortcode in WordPress PHP template file?
- Useful websites to research stocks
- How to check Linux uptime?
- How to check Linux last reboot time?